Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ahh the music shops.

Ran off to Metro today. Not for the movies though. I was looking for a specific plectrum, Dunlop Jazz III. Bhargava's had emptied their stock on it and asked me to come next month :( . Went to Furtado's they didn't have it either. The one I use is very small as compared to the normal stndard one . Also I pick the strings abit differently. I require 3 fingures instead of the usual 2 like most guitarists play and also I hold my pick diagonaly which ruins the pick but I manage to play fast. A friend of mine, Kiron, who tutored me gave it to me the 1st day he started teaching me after he saw my messy playing skills with a 0.9mm standard pick. We tried a couple of other plecs before I settled on Jazz III. Any way whats important is my picks on the strings made sense this time. Kiron says I pick like Yngwie Malmsteen in Ultra slow motion. And I don't deny that. Malmsteen's fingures are not even visible when he plays man, as if hes not picking at all. I'd love to play like him. We all would. Anyway I hope I get my plec next time. I also tried a Hofner's f-cut acoustic at Furtados and it's sexy man. With its black body and slim build and all. 5 grands a pop. Certainly not cheap. I got mine for 2 grands which is probably the cheapest of the lot and certainly not built well. But mine seems to sound louder than the Hofner, or maybe it's because of the crowd at Furtados. I also tried a Greg Bennett Jazz Elec... aahm ahmm, without pluging in ofcourse. All of them felt much sturdier than mine. Maybe thats why they cost a liver and a kidney.
I also bought new football studs n shin guards. Played bare foot yesterday which wasn't smart. Now I got a bad cramp :( .
Well thats latest update. Ciao

No comments: